Sunday, April 22, 2012

Rollie Monsters

Hi Everyone!
I'm sorry it's been so long since my last blog entry. I am going to try to be much better about updating as often as possible.
I've got a lot going on right now but I still find a little bit of time to create. I graduate from Humboldt State University in three weeks. I can't wait! I've been doing a ton of preliminary stuff to get admitted into the multiple subjects teaching credential for next year. I'm looking forward to when all of this preparation is in the past and I am finally just in the program ( although I'm really scared about the program...)!

Lately I've been focusing my crochet time solely on crocheting monsters. I'm having so much fun with it and I don't think I'm gonna stop for awhile! First I started making " Rollie" monster amigurumi and now I've added the Cyclops "Rollie" monster amigurumi. I want to make a bunch of these guys in all kinds of different colors. So far I've made cyclops in red and purple soft yarn ( purple Caron Simply soft worsted weight yarn and Red Heart Soft worsted weight red yarn).








I'm happy to say that I've figured out something that I've been wondering about for awhile. I have a bunch of yarn that I love, that has a sort of shiny look to it. I had received this yarn second hand so none of the skeins had their original labels on them and therefore I never knew what type of yarn this was. I finally went to Joann Fabrics with this question in mind and I figured it out very quickly! The shiny yarn is titled "soft" yarn and a bunch of different brands make this yarn type. I chose to try 1 skein of Caron's Simply Soft purple worsted weight yarn and 1 skein of Red Heart Soft red worsted weight yarn. So far I absolutely love working with them ( especially the Caron's Simply Soft). It's the perfect yarn for crocheting my monsters. It's super soft, pliable and comes in all kinds of beautiful colors.

I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to be the first featured artist in my friend Sarah's blog :) You can check out the interview here in her blog Sarah Kate Creations http://sarahkatecreations.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/special-guest-amigurumi-by-ali/

That is all for now! Happy Sunday! *wishing the weekend was longer*

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ali!

    All items are just beautiful and you are very creative. ^_^

    Love... and have a wonderful day!

    Ratcha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Ratcha! I really appreciate your sweet comment. I also love your work...you are so talented! :) Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete